The MUR Blog has received great a great response among the MUR, FSAE and Melbourne University community since its launch in March 2017. Written by our engineers, the MUR Blog provides a unique insight and advice into building a race-car in a FSAE setting. Being a primary factor of inbound traffic into our website, MUR is looking for an Editor to edit all future blogs.
The Editor role is responsible for creating and editing all copy required by Coordination. This means primarily editing MUR Blogs for release as well as other promotional and industry copy. The Editor is required to plan and work together with Engineers to help them write and edit their technical blogs for release. The Editor is also expected to edit important copy for industry and sponsorship release (such as the Sponsorship Prospectus).
- Currently undertaking or have recently graduated a Bachelor of Arts with a Communication/Journalism/Media major
- Experience in a journalistic/editorial setting is desired by not mandatory
- Competent written and verbal communication
- Competent at editing a creating written work
- The ability to plan and collaborate with engineers to create new blog posts
- The ability to take initiative and lead
- Demonstrate willingness to learn
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Supplement to your university studies with real hands on experience
- Provides and encourages personal and professional development
- Shared private campus office space to conduct MUR and personal work
- Networking opportunities with fellow members and industry sponsors
- Makes your resume stand out as FSAE team members are highly sort after by employers as MUR alumni have gone on to work at companies such as Tesla, PwC, Boeing and Ford
- Receive a Professional Resume Referee from Coordination Team Lead
Applications for this position have now CLOSED
Please email email@example.com if you have any enquiries.